Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Are these poems true to their forms?

For an English project, we have to write a number of poems, choosing a type from a packet provided by the teacher. Here are a few of the types I chose and the poems I wrote from that:





Lyric Poem:


Choose a subject for your poem, ensure the poem has a lyrical, singsong quality. Make the poem sound like what you mean: slow and meditative, perhaps, or fast-paced and energetic.





My take:


They eyes, they pierce


into my soul.





They know my pain,


and show me theirs


behind a sheer cloak


of content.





~~~~~





Change Poem:


Write a poem depicting one or multiple changes using one word lines. The changes should be unpredictable and surprising.





My take:


tingling


toes,


uncontrollably


gleeful,


suddenly





it's


not


working


out





';it's


me,


not


you.';





broken,


inside


outside





heart


of


glass


shattered


by


tingling


toes


turned


cold.





Sorry about the length of the question.


(:Are these poems true to their forms?
turkey giz for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment