Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true that Ritalin is basically like crystal methampetamine in a pill form?

The reason i know this to be fairly true is i've had friends in my life who actually have been or still are addicted to crystal meth, when they can't get it, they take Ritalin because according to them it has the exact same effects as street crystal meth! Why are kids given these pills?Is it true that Ritalin is basically like crystal methampetamine in a pill form?
it is not like crystal meth in the way you are thinking. ppl who have add/adhd have different brain chemistry than ppl who don't...ritalin calms them down and allows them to focus. same thing with coffee. when ppl who don't have add/adhd take add/adhd meds, their brain reacts differently to it, and it causes them to be even more hyper, like an effect that meth causes.





kids who truly have add/adhd are given these pills b/c they work. they have been approved by the board of medicine (or whatever it's called). ppl keep saying that too many parents are medicating instead of dealing with their behaviour, or that add/adhd isn't real...it is real, and i've seen ppl off their meds and it is not pretty. why would we medicate for other things, such as epilepsy to stop seizures, and not medicate ppl who have add/adhd so they can focus and be attentive, resulting in being able to pay attention in school and get better grades?Is it true that Ritalin is basically like crystal methampetamine in a pill form?
I don't know about crystal meth, but for ritalin, it's been given out like candy to anybody who says their kids move around too much. Many times it's the parent's lack of patience with active children. It's normal to have a child that runs everywhere, talks loud and climbs on things. But people nowadays look for answers in pills instead of using their heads. In many cases they should medicate the parents, not the children. My sister's had to take it (believe me, really had to, not a figment of my parents' imagination like many) and she's in her 30's and still has to take it. Giving a child ritalin should be a decision made on many factors and not just because parents (and teachers) like to get quiet time.
No, but it's close. I don't think that Ritalin is as destructive to the body as crystal meth, but I know people who do it to get high (which I frown upon) and I know people who do crystal meth and sometimes I can't tell them apart. I think that's why it's called the poor man's crack. Don't quote me on this though, I've never touched any of those drugs. Check out the link below, it's all about Ritalin abuse...





And I don't know why kids are given these drugs. Of course most kids can't pay attention in school, they're KIDS for crying out loud. I know some kids do need it, but I think most are given it because mommy and daddy thinks it'll help them do better in school, little do they know they're actually giving their kids a possible life-long drug addiction!
They are both stimulants. So I guess you could ALSO say that 'caffeine is basically meth in coffee-form.' But no, they are not 'the same' in their effects on the brain or behavior or addictive potential. [Assuming that Ritalin is used as prescribed.]





(Addicts who use Ritilin instead of meth use it in MUCH higher doses, and they usually grind it up and inject or snort it.)
It is similar but not the same. For this reason when they diagnosed my son with adhd I choose NOT to give him medication. I am trying different approaches bc I dont want my son to be on it. You said you have friends who do it. Okay so you know long term what a tweaker looks like, right? Now go and look at a 7 year old boy whos been on it for two years and I bet they look way differently. A tweaker tends to pick at thier face or thier face looks sunk in, it affects thier teeth, etc. A child on ritalin normally does loose some weight but does not have any of the other consequences......


Anywho- your friends just take it to help them coming down bc it 'sorta' feels like it but yeah like I said not the same....
I hate all these stupid medications for all these stupid ';disorders';. The moment a kid gets too hyper for the school or parents to know what to do with, they automatically start pumping them full of meds. It sickens me. As for the ';feeling'; that people get when they use it.... I wouldn't know. I've never used Crystal meth nor Ritalin, so I'm not educated on how it makes you feel. lol





By the way, your photo creeps me out. I lived in Wichita, KS when 'he' resurfaced. People were calling into work because they were too scared to leave their houses. It was a CREEPY few months until they finally caught him.
its speed alright


not crystal meth


but people grind it snort it


smoke it


kids are given these pills to addict them


so the fda will have drug dependant adults needing pills to handle their emotions and life stressors


its all a money making bizniz
Well if that is the case then the same can be said about Heroin because I know a few people who took Ritalin as a child and were hooked on Heroin later in life. I think it is because if a child is used to taking drugs then by default as an adult he still needs drugs.
Methylphenidate, not Methamphetamine.


C14 H19 N O2 compared to C10 H15 N


Definitely not the same.
its not the same chemically perhaps it gives them similar side effects like calming them down but its definitely not as strong as Meth lol.
Close, but no cigar. They are both amphetamines, though Ritalin is not addictive when used properly.
Not quite. It's an Amphetamine based drug, but not Meth-amphetamine. Which is why Meth abusers should not take it.
Some people need these pills to focus. Others just do dumb stuff. Not they are not the same.
NO
yep not a good thing for your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment