Friday, February 12, 2010

I have been told that I have cervical cancer and i should stop drinking any form of alcohol. Is this true?

I have been diagnosed with cervical cancer about one year ago and my GY NO told me to stop drinking to help cure the cancer. I am a young women who would like to know what i should do.I have been told that I have cervical cancer and i should stop drinking any form of alcohol. Is this true?
Well, not drinking isnt going to cure the cancer. However, drinking when you have cancer is not recommended, expecially if you are going through treatment. The alcohol can interact with the meds you are on, as well as just add complications as most meds used to treat cancer are pretty harsh on the body already.I have been told that I have cervical cancer and i should stop drinking any form of alcohol. Is this true?
Drinking doesn't cause cancer and not drinking won't cure it. However, alcohol may interfere with your chemotherapy's effectiveness, impair your general health, and otherwise cause undesirable consequences.





If you are in the habit of drinking, then I can understand why you may wish to continue given the emotional stress of your illness. However, you should consider the potential negative effects of alcohol and follow your doctor's advice to avoid it.





Defeating cancer needs to be your number one priority right now . . . so put down the drink.
Don't drink alcohol and listen to the doctor as they told you that for a reason. They went through seven years of training, so they know what they are talking about. Just don't drink it and find other nice drinks. Stay strong and fight it!! GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment